MSX Zodiacal Dust Data
The Midcourse Space Experiment (MSX) mid-infrared emission measurements from the zodiacal dust cloud in spectral bands centered at 8.3 12, 15, and 21 microns.Data Set Info
- Browse the MSX zody data set
- Zip file #1 containing the catalog files and documents associated with the MSX zody data set (40 Mb).
- Zip file #2 containing the data from the experiments cb01, dc32, and em10 (276 Mb).
- Zip file #3 containing observations 11-49 of experiment cb04 (1.4 Gb).
- Zip file #4 containing observations 50-74 of experiment cb04 (1.1 Gb).
Instructions for download:
This data set is too large for easy download by most browsers in a single file. Follow these instructions to download and re-assemble the entire data set:
1. Download the four zip files above. The larger ones may take a while.
2. Unzip the file msxzody.zip in the place where you want the data set. It will create its own directory, called msxzody, and all the subdirectories and catalog files of the data set.
3. The "data" directory of the resulting msxzody directory structure will be empty. Place the three remaining zip files in this directory.
4. Unzip each of the three data zip files in the data directory. They will create the appropriate subdirectories for the data.
Use the following citation to reference this data set:
"Price, S.D., Noah, P.V., Mizuno, D.,
Walker, R.G., and Jayaraman, S., MSX Zodiacal Dust Data V1.0.
MSX-D-SPIRIT3-3-MSXZODY-V1.0. NASA Planetary Data System, 2005."