PDS Asteroid/Dust Archive
This archive site provides access to PDS data on asteroids, dust, planetary satellites, meteorites, and selected other small solar system bodies and laboratory data. Use the links below to select data by target type, by data type, or by mission.
Search for data using the Small Bodies Data Ferret.
Browse and search the Dawn Vesta and Ceres and NEAR Eros data holdings using the Small Bodies Image Browser.Notice: We've redesigned this site, and will be replacing it soon. If you'd like to check out the new version, click here!
Select data by data type:
- Plasma/Particles/Magnetosphere - NEAR Magnetometer
- Image Data
- Maps and Mosaics
- Orbital data, including proper elements and dynamical families
- Photometry and Lightcurves
- Physical Properties, including spin vectors, taxonomic classification, albedos, densities, and diameters
- Radio Science
- Shape and Gravity Models
- SPICE Kernels
- Spectrophotometry and Spectra
- Other, including names and id's, and bibliography
Select data by target type:
- All Asteroid Data
- All Dust Data
- Near Earth Objects
- TNOs, Centaurs, and Pluto
- Planetary Satellites
- Laboratory Spectra
Select data by mission:
- BOPPS: Ceres
- Cassini: Interplanetary dust.
- Dawn: 4 Vesta, 1 Ceres
- Galileo: 243 Ida, 951 Gaspra, Small planetary satellites, Interplanetary dust.
- Giotto: 1P/Halley (1682 Q1)
- Hayabusa: 25143 Itokawa
- Hubble Space Telescope: 1 Ceres, 4 Vesta.
- IRAS: Interplanetary dust, Asteroids
- LADEE: Lunar dust
- Mariner 9: Deimos
- MSX: Interplanetary dust, Asteroids, Comets.
- NEAR: 433 Eros, 253 Mathilde, C/Hyakutake (1996 B2).
- New Horizons: Pluto, Pluto and Jupiter satellites, and TNOs.
- Rosetta: 2867 Steins, 21 Lutetia
- Stardust: 5535 Annefrank
- Ulysses: Interplanetary dust.
- Vega 1 and 2: 1P/Halley (1682 Q1)
- Viking Orbiter: Phobos, Deimos.
- Voyager 1 and 2: Small planetary satellites.
Small Bodies Node Data Services
The On-Line Archiving Facility (OLAF) is a website that allows individuals to submit their data to the Planetary Data System so that it can be archived and made available to the public.
The Small Bodies Data Ferret is a tool that allows searchable access to all the Small Bodies Node asteroid, satellite, and comet data sets.
The Small Bodies Image Browser (SBIB) provides map-based searching and retrieval for the Dawn Vesta and NEAR Eros data holdings.
The NEO Survey Search Tool is a tool that allows target-based searching of the NEO Survey data archived at SBN. Enter a target to find and download the NEO Survey images containing that target.
The Statistical Asteroid Model of Tedesco et al. is a database of orbital elements, absolute magnitudes, albedos, and diameters, designed to simulate the population of main belt asteroids with diameters larger than 1 km. This model is provided through the PDS Small Bodies Node as a service to users.